It can be extremely exciting living in a state like Colorado where cannabis is finally legal. Sure, there have been medical dispensaries here for quite a few years now, but this has a distinctly different feel. It’s opened up an entirely new market, and many people are starting their own marijuana shops all over the state. The business can be a very profitable one, but if you’re thinking about getting involved, you’ve got lots of things to consider. Competition is stiff, and it doesn’t show any sign of slowing down.
One of the most important parts to your marijuana store is going to be your grow room. Cannabis isn’t like other retail products. You won’t usually be buying it wholesale, you’ll be growing it yourself. For this reason it’s necessary to have an expert grower working for you. Otherwise you won’t be able to compete with the top quality product sold elsewhere. But you’re also going to get a professional grade grow room set up. If you’re not experienced in construction you should probably consult with a professional grow room builder.
There many ways have a professional will help you, but to give you an idea here are some of them now:
1. They Build to Suit Your Growing Medium - Your grow room is going to have a different layout depending on which growing medium you decide to use. The best grow room designers and builders include this in their plans. They may incorporate a hydroponic system into the room design, or at least provide a layout for potting areas for soil grows. Either way, they’ll be able to efficiently build to suit your needs, and they’ll know exactly what course to take. If you aren’t experienced in construction, it may be difficult to visualize how things should look.
2. They Can Ensure the Room is Light-Proof – One of the most important features of a growing room is that it’s light-tight. In other words, you should never see light escaping or entering the room. If you do, then you have a leak, and this can cause major problems. Dark cycles are very important to bud development, and any disturbances on them can have an adverse effect. When you hire a professional, they’re going to build you a room that is perfectly sealed and doesn’t let unwanted light in our out.
3. They’ll Also Make it Air-Tight – This is another important thing to have in an efficient grow room. Your cannabis plants will need to be kept between 75 and 86 degrees fahrenheit for the best results. Temperatures too far outside of this range can actually have a negative effect on potency. If your buds aren’t as potent as your competition’s, they’ll be difficult to get rid of. A good room design is going to be air-tight, and your designer and builder will make sure that yours fits the bill.
4. It Will Meet Building Codes and Local Regulations - Building codes and regulatory bodies can be a major pain for anyone getting into the cannabis industry. If you hire an experienced professional, they’re going to make sure that your marijuana grow room designs will be up to code once built. They’ll also be familiar with local regulations and will help make sure you pass your inspections. This can be a painful bridge to cross on your own, especially if you aren’t experienced in construction. It’s wise to let a pro handle it.
5. You Won’t Have to Hang Lights and Install Ventilation – This can actually be one of the most difficult parts about building your grow room. You want to make sure that lights and ventilation are hung, wired, and set up properly. Not doing so can easily result in disaster. You don’t want to risk your business to save a few bucks. When you hire a professional grow room designer and builder, they’re going to do things the right way. You’ll be comfortable in your grow rooming knowing things are safe and sound.
6. Creative Solutions for Organization - If you want things to run smoothly you’ll need to be very organized. A professional builder is going to be able to help you with this. They can include things in their design that will help you keep things in their place around the grow room. Since you’re going to hire a company that’s experienced in designing grow rooms, they’ll know the right places for shelves, drawers, and cabinets.
7. They Will Plan For Expansion – Whether it means setting you up with a modular growing room, and making a plan for building a second grow room in extra space you have, the best builders are going to plan for expansion. You want to have an options that’s quick and easy, and doesn’t break the bank. When customer demand exceeds your growing capacity, you want to be able to meet it quickly.
These are just a few examples of how hiring a professional to design and build your grow room will be beneficial. You’ve got other aspects of the business to focus on, so let someone else take some of the pressure off. Get in touch with a professional builder today.